At Polly Products, have a commitment to conservation, and we believe in doing our part to help the environment. “Going green” is nothing new for us, as we’ve been committed to green practices and environmental conservation for years before “going green” was popular. We do what we do because it’s the right thing to do, not because it’s a trend.
Sustainability is essential, and we believe in maintaining the highest standards for ecological conservation in our product development and our business practices. We continually meet and exceed the requirements set forth by the EPA because we believe that sustainability isn’t just a fad; it’s essential to building a better and brighter future for generations to come.
How Polly Products Are Made
Polly Products provides a line of outdoor furnishings made of durable, recycled plastic material that is molded to resemble traditional metal and wood or wood-composite products. We start the process of creating a new piece by using 100% recycled HDPE (high-density polyethylene) plastic and then add colorant and UV stabilizers to protect the final product from the damaging effects of the sun.
We use 100% recycled HDPE plastic because it is one of the safest plastics available, and it requires less energy to produce products using this recycled material than it does to produce new plastics or other materials. Furthermore, our products are free of added fillers, fibers, and contaminants, which means they are once again recyclable once they reach the end of their use. In fact, we will have the products returned to us to be recycled in our plant as new feedstock.
Our Green Initiatives
At Polly Products, our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality outdoor furnishings that will last for years to come and leave as little of an impact on the environment as possible. However, not only do we strive to provide sustainable products, but we aim to be an entirely sustainable business through our internal and external business practices and operations as well.
Our green initiatives include:
- Providing 100% recycled plastic products that are non-toxic and durable.
- Using recycled plastic to create products that are recyclable and reusable at the end of their lifecycle.
- Creating products free of harmful BPAs, PVCs, and other contaminants.
- Reusing scraps from manufacturing to regrind and mold into new products—ensuring we produce no plastic waste.
- Using manufacturing processes that are as environmentally responsible as possible.
- Encouraging recycling to prevent plastic waste pollution.
- Educating our customers, employees, and community members on the importance of recycling to protect the planet.
- Installed water coolers throughout the building and provided thermal beverage cups to all employees to eliminate plastic water bottles in our facility.
- Installed a dishwasher and purchased flatware and dinnerware to eliminate the use of paper plates and plastic utensils.
- We provide compostable cups and paper towel in our breakroom.
- We have a bin to collect employees food waste for composting.
- Using recycled or recyclable materials in our packaging as much as possible.
- Relying on LED lighting with motion detectors in our office and public spaces.
- Using the heat from the machines to keep the factory heated during winter months instead of running an additional heating system.
- Installing smart thermostats and ceiling fans to better regulate temperatures in our factory and offices.
- Implementing an in-house recycling program for materials used in the office.
- We made our own recycling center on site which includes “hard to recycle” items and products. Employees can bring their recyclable items from home to insure we divert as much as possible from landfills.
Why Recycled Plastic Products Are Important
Over 70% of post-consumer plastic does not get recycled and instead ends up in landfills, burned in incinerators, or clogging up natural environments. When plastic products were first produced, it was in smaller, more manageable amounts. As the population increased, so did the amount of plastics being used. Today, millions of tons of plastic waste are produced globally, contributing to pollution and the effects of climate change.
As the majority of the plastics that are produced are intended for single-use and don’t get recycled, it’s important to find other ways to reduce waste and keep these materials from polluting the environment. One way to do this is to use these plastics to create new materials and products as we do at Polly Products. By using recycled plastic, it helps reduce the amount of new plastics that are produced and reduces plastic waste by ensuring it doesn’t end up incinerated or in the environment.
The Polly Products Difference
At Polly Products, our green mission is to reduce our environmental impact as much as possible by providing 100% recycled products and by adopting sustainable business practices. Our team of compassionate environmental advocates in rural Michigan shares humble values and believes in delivering quality products. We proudly supply environmentally responsible outdoor furniture, 100% made and assembled in the USA. Check out our website for more information about our green promise and how Polly Products is making a difference.